This time I went to Paris and stayed with my French friend, who I met on exchange. I was very fortunate because it was like having my own personal Parisian tour guide. Also, my family and a few other friends I met in Edinburgh came to Paris. My friend took me to all her favourite places, including some delicious restaurants and charming hidden bars.
We had a lovely French Christmas dinner. We ate foie gras, snails, roast chicken, chocolate gateau and drank amazing French wine.
We also had a fun New Years. We had a gathering at my friend's place, which consisted of eating delicious crepes and drinking champagne. Afterwards, we went to Champs Elysees, where we welcomed the new year. We had an enjoyable time!
Things I loved in Paris:
- Strolling around Monmarte and Pigalle area - We saw the Sacre Coeur and then had hot chocolate at a cute cafe.
- Climbing the Eiffel Tower - The views of Paris were breathtaking.
- Shopping and celebrating the new year on Champs Elysees.
- Palais de Tokyo - My favourite contemporary art museum.
- Luxembourg Gardens - Despite the plants not blossoming because of the cold weather, I saw wallabies, which were a nice reminder of Australia.
- The Beijing Circus - We were lucky to be invited to the circus, the performers were extremely talented.
- Cycling around Bastille and to Pere Lachaise Cemetery, where Jim Morrison and many other famous people have been buried.